Maybelline Baby Lips- Pink Lolita Review
I have a habit of stocking-up lips balms and chap sticks in my closet. I have tones of lips balms but when I saw these newly launched Maybelline baby lips I got excited and picked two variants. The girly and attractive packaging attracted me and the piece was also decent so I purchased it. I have dry lips and during winters the condition even worsens as my lips get totally ruined up because of the dry weather. So, I stock up lots of lips balms and I prefer the tinted ones as I’ve pigmented lips. Let’s move to the review now.
Price: Rs. 150
Shelf life: 3 years
- Maybelline Baby Lips Pink Lolita is not just a basic lip balm.
- The secret: Exclusive lips renew formula.
- Protects and moisturizes for a full 8 hours.
- After 1 week, lips are visibly renewed, virtually reborn.
My Take on Maybelline Baby Lips- Pink Lolita:
The lips balm comes in an attractive packaging which is cute and girly. The lips balm is packaged in a small tube which fits in my jeans perfectly and I can carry it easily. I like tube packaging then the tub ones as tube lip balms are hygienic and you can use them without using finger. The lip balm has a mild fruity fragrance and I actually love it a lot. Though the fragrance is not long lasting and it vanishes after 15 minutes of application.
The lip balm is pink in color and the texture is silky smooth. Due to the smooth texture it glides effortlessly on lips. As soon as I apply the lip balm my lips feel hydrated and moisturized. I have dry and chapped lips but with regular usage this lip balm has healed them completely. Now my lips look soft and moisturized but for this you need to apply it regularly.
The color payoff is good and 2-3 swipes give a nice tint when swatched. But if you have pigmented lips like mine then the tint will not be clearly visible. I swipe it 4-5 times so that the tint can be visible on my pigmented lips. The pink tint looks very sweet and completely natural. It also gives shine to my lips. The lip balm stays for 3-3.5 hours on me which is quite good as it’s a lip balm and the 8-hour claim is not true. The lip balm also contains SPF 16 which is an added advantage. I have pigmented lips so I always look for lip products which have SPF included in them and thankfully this lip balm fulfilled my need. I love this range of lip balm from Maybelline and I’m definitely going to purchase other variants soon.
- Affordable and easily available
- Cute, girly and attractive packaging
- Hygienic tube packaging
- The lip balm fits in pocket easily
- Has a mild fruity fragrance
- Texture is smooth which glides easily on lips
- Non-sticky texture
- Doesn’t feel heavy
- Moisturizes lips really well
- Give light pink tint to lips which looks natural
- Contains spf 16
- Makes lips soft and smooth
- Repairs dry lips when used regularly
- Stays for 2-3 hours
- The 8 hour claim is not true
- The pink tint is very light and it will not show on pigmented lips
Final Verdict: This lip balm moisturizes and hydrates dry lips for more than three hours. It also repairs chapped lips when used regularly. The packaging is very girly. The lip balm is tinted and gives a nice pink tint and has SPF too which makes it a full-fledged worthy combo.
Latest posts by Mansi Chauhan (see all)
- Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream Review - January 14, 2014
- Coloressence Pre Make Up Base Review - January 14, 2014
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow-Pomegranate Punk Review - January 14, 2014