Fuller and plumper lips can amp up your sex appeal a few hundred times and there is no doubt about it. But getting luscious pout and that too only by using lip care products or applying makeup might turn out to be really hard. Lip augmentation can be an effective solution for you in such situations. Know more about it here:
What is Lip Augmentation?
Lip augmentation is basically a cosmetic procedure in which naturally thin lips are made softer, smoother and plumper either by inserting synthetic implants or by pushing dermal fillers or injectibles into them. The method also helps in eliminating wrinkles and fine lines found across lips and makes them look younger.
Usually, lips can be augmented in two different ways. Here, we have talked about both of them:
- Lip Implants – Synthetic implants used for lip enhancement are soft ePTFE, Gore-Tex, SoftForm, etc. These are reshaped and inserted into the lips for permanent augmentation. However, lip implants can be removed anytime if they do not suit the patients.
- Lip Fillers / Injectibles – Various options available for this process are soft dermal fillers or hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, etc., collagen injections like autologen, fat injections, artecoll Injections, Dermalogen injections, Fascia injections, HylaForm injections, and so on. But the effects are not that long-lasting (maximum 6 months) and you need frequent touch-ups.
How Does It Work?
- In case of implants, the synthetic material is given the shape of a small tube at first. A tiny incision is made in the lip and a snug pocket is created inside. Then, the implant is positioned in the pocket by using a needle and the incision is closed with sutures.
- In case of dermal fillers, all the surgeon needs to do is to push the injectible into the lips at 3 to 4 pre-specified points. Of course, a local anesthesia is performed right before it.
- The lip augmentation procedure may take 2 to 3 hours to be finished.
Also Read – A Brief Guide to Lip Filler Treatment Here
In order to be considered as an ideal candidate for lip augmentation, you must be a healthy and non-smoker person with no diabetes, oral herpes, lupus, allergy, keloids, poor blood circulation with clotting issues, etc.
- The results are visible almost immediately. However, you have to wait a few days to heal the incision and enjoy the complete effects.
- You get a pair of fuller and more sensuous lips that complements the rest of your facial features well.
- Stay away from putting pressure or applying makeup products on your lips at least for a couple of weeks.
The downtime required for lip augmentation is minimal. In case of implants, you may have to wait a couple of weeks for resuming regular lip activities. But in case of fillers, only a few days are enough for recovery.
Risks and Side Effects
Some common complications that can arise after lip augmentation are pain, swelling, bruising, redness, lumping, bleeding, infection, allergies, cold sores, scarring, anesthetic reaction, numbness, asymmetry, stiffness, lipline loss, implant distortion, etc.
Also Read – ‘Lip Plumpers’ – Should You Say ‘Yay’ or ‘Nay’ to Them? Here
- Gives an appealing pout with better shape and increased volume.
- Helps bring a balance among various facial features.
- Simple and fast method with little downtime.
- Boosts up self-esteem.
The procedure may cost you anywhere between $500 and $2,000. However, the total cost for injectibles will go considerably up as you need a few touch-ups every year.