How you dress, says a lot about you! Dress up or dress down, being dressed aptly for the occassion is what matters. Not just that how you dress yourself also speaks volumes about your fashion quotient. Be it western wear for women or Indian dresses, every little bit adds to the look and takes it notches higher in the style and fashion meter. One such aspect when it comes to Indian dresses is the neckline. While we all are very comfortable with the simple and classic round and v’s there are many more ways to accentuate your dress. Selecting that perfect neckline is very important too. This is why we’re here, to make your job easier and before we get started here are few tips you must follow before you opt for a particular neckline for your next dress:
1. Choose the neckline based on your body type. What may suit a celebrity or someone you know may not necessarily suit your body type. So for the petite & small framed women, square neckline is the best choice. Whilst women with heavy bust lines, should keep away from square necklines.
Also Read: How to choose the perfect jewellery for adorning your neck Here
2. You do not have to stick one classic style of neckline,always. You can have fun with the wide selection of necklines available. Even better, mix and match it, to get a neckline, you really like. It eventually all boils down to the neckline accentuating the look of your dress.
Types of Necklines You Can Use Instead of Classic Round
1. Jewel Neckline:
Wondering what type of neckline is this? Resembling the round neckline, the jewel neckline goes a little above the collar bone and rests on the lowest part of the throat. This neckline adorns your dress, just like an ornament. When not choosing the classic round, you can design your dress with a jewel neckline, to add a twist and look to your outfit.
Just like the name suggests, an illusion neckline creates an impression of a neckline. that’s barely there. If you are willing to break the traditional neckline silhouette and opt for a little bold style, add an illusion neckline to your next churidar.
Popular neckline in both western and Indian wear, halter is the perfect choice to notch up the glamour quotient for your churidar. This may not be an appropriate choice if you are not willing to go bold or have a heavier upper body.
French in origin, the word decolletage means, revealing the neck. This neckline implies a deep neck silhouette. Before getting this neckline added to your dress, make sure you are dressed right for the occasion. Not every place the decolletage may go well.
Also Read: 7 Tips for a Beautiful, Bright and Slender Neck Here
Few tips that will help you make the right neckline choice for your next churidhar:
- Girls with heavy busts should avoid boat necks or mandarin collars. This is because these styles will not accentuate their body shaped, hence ditch that unflattering boat neck and brace your beautiful body with V-necks and round necks that will suit you so much more.
- For girls who are petit or even the ones who have small and medium busts, don’t be disheartened, you get to wear boat necks and also whenever possible, even high necks. For you guys, additionally wearing square necks look really hot and smart, so don those more often.
Neckline designs for churidars and salwar suits are probably the easiest outfits to pick. Once you are aware of your body type, then choose the right neck design as suggested and it’s going to suit your body and you can carry yourself off with so much ease.
- Cotton churidars that have simple neck designs will allow your skin to breathe properly during all of those warm and terribly summer days, so all the more reason to consider wearing them. Here, the Neck patterns that one could consider will range right from square, round, v neck and even boat necks. These patterns shall enhance the overall look of your outfit to make it look complete and give you more room to show off your body with an outfit that understands it and flatters it. Using Lace, stones, colourful threads, prints, sequins etc. are only a cherry onto the cake that further make you look trendy and unique, setting you apart from the normal, drab ones.
- Round Neck Churidar Designs is probably the most common type of neck designs available in Churidars, and rightly so, they look good on any kind of frame and body type which make them a favourite with all the ladies. A well-fitted dress with a round neck pattern looks decent. Some sleeveless Kurtis even have a broad round neck pattern with any cut to enhance the person wearing it. Accordingly, Embroidery around the neckline also makes it exclusive so one doesn’t wear this churidar with any sort of contrasting colour or anything that doesn’t match. A kimono styled square neck kurti is good too as it gracefully shows off your beautiful neck.
- V shape churidar neck designs are also popular with women because they create a gorgeous V at the neckline which adds shape and versatility to your outfit, giving it sheer elegance. Here you also have a choice to make the V as deep as you want depending on the design and colour of your outfit. The V-neck will make your neck appear much longer and thus it looks good on women who have a small or a large bust and is best suited for people with small necks for the same reason and for even those with a square or a round face.
- Halter neck designs look good on young women and has become common for the reason that they’re classy and comfortable. Giving you an identity of your own, it helps you stand out by smartly choosing your outfit and showing off your neck with sophistication.
- Another neckline that has now caught the fancy of many a designers is the extraordinary mandarin collar. The mandarin collar is closed or has a small opening. This works for people who are willing to try something new that gives you a fresh look. You are bound to make some new fans for sure!
Though this may seem insignificant, but fact of the matter is that a simple neck can add more beauty or take away an equal amount from your outfit. As someone once said, “It’s all in the details’’ Pay attention to the details and you’ll be amazed at how wonderfully they work for you!
Also Read: Best firming cream for neck Here