Most of us have ingrown hair in some parts of our body. They look dirty and cause skin to be rough. Most efficient way to remove and prevent ingrown hair is by scrubbing and exfoliating. There are multiple natural remedies available that not only remove ingrown hair but also help us to prevent it in the long term. Here are few of the popular, hassle free and effective natural remedies for ingrown hair removal and prevention.
1. Salt scrubbing – This is one of the simplest measures to tackle ingrown hair. Add 2 spoons of salt to one cup of luke warm water. Use a cotton ball fully dipped into this to swipe over areas that have ingrown hair without rinsing it off. The salt acts like a mild exfoliator and removes ingrown hair by cleaning the skin and helping the hair to grow out. This can be used daily.
2. Sugar Scrubbing – This can be made simply at home by mixing 1 cup of white cane sugar with half a cup of olive oil or jojoba oil. Also add 10 drops of tea tree oil and lavender oil and mix thoroughly. Apply this on wet skin, and work your fingers to scrub the area lightly and then rinse it off with cold water.
3. Hair Removing Tweezer – in some areas where these ingrown areas are problematic, after scrubbing use an ingrown hair removing tweezer to manually remove these hair.
4. Aspirin Mask – Aspirin masks are a safe bet to remove Ingrown hair from any body part. Though the process of making it is slightly difficult. You need to take hot water in a large bowl. Add 1 spoon of honey and one spoon on water with 1 spoon of Jojoba oil to this and put these in a smaller bowl for mixing. Now, crush four aspirin tablets and place it in the previously made mixture. Stir it into a paste by mixing it properly. Let it cool off for few minutes and then apply the slightly warm paste on the areas that have ingrown hair. Let it dry off for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Use this twice a week and ingrown hair problems are bound to vanish.
5. Masoor dal scrub – Another natural way to remove and prevent further ingrown hair is to weekly scrub your skin with a paste of masoor dal and turmeric. Grind masoor dal with one fourth portion of turmeric powder into a dry paste. While bathing take the dry paste, mix it in your hands with required amount of water to make it into a skin scrub and gently scrub all the areas that have ingrown hair. This will help to clear the skin and will remove ingrown hair and will also prevent their further occurrences. After scrubbing, rinse off with cold water followed by soap or bathing gel to remove fragrance of this scrub.
6. Acne medication mask – Use your Acne meditation like a gel on the areas with ingrown hair for a few days. Ingrown hairs are like pimples, especially when they are accompanied by pus.
7. Warm wet cloth treatment – Wet cotton cloth with hot water and with the hot cloth wipe the area which has ingrown hair twice every day for a quick fix. This will soften the area and will bring the hair to grow out.
8. Alcohol and Needle treatment – Swipe a clean needle into alcohol, rub the area with slight drop of alcohol and use the needle carefully to remove any stubborn ingrown hair that is not coming with any other natural remedy.
9. Besan mask – Mix half a cup of besan with warm water; apply this paste onto the area with ingrown hair. Let this mask dry off for 20 minutes, then scrub with a sponge, loofah or cotton ball to remove the ingrown hair. Rinse off with cold water.
Also Read – 5 Home Remedies for Hair Removal Here
Image Credit – 1