There are several reasons which take a toll on the shape and texture of female genital structures. From mild injury to the birth of a child, whatever the root cause is behind your de-shaped vagina, you can always go for a vaginal rejuvenation and recontour your most significant private part perfectly. Go through rest of the article to know more about vaginal rejuvenation.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is also known as ‘aesthetic vaginal surgery’ or ‘female genital plastic surgery’. It is basically a combination of two cosmetic procedures named ‘labiaplasty’ and ‘vaginoplasty’. Labiaplasty or vulvaplasty refers to the reformation of the vulva, especially the labia majora (external lips of the vagina) and labia minora (internal lips of the vagina), while vaginoplasty indicates the method of making the vagina tighter. Vaginal rejuvenation has been gaining extreme popularity among women these days as an effective way to recontour the genital parts and boost both comfort as well as confidence significantly.
How Does It Work?
- At first, the surgeon examine the patient and decides on the most suitable vaginal rejuvenation procedure for her from the following four types available – ‘reduction / augmentation of labia majora’, ‘reduction of labia minora’, ‘mons pubis reduction’ and ‘clitoral hood remodeling’.
- The procedure is mainly performed with the help of highly powerful laser technology. Small incisions are made in the labia majore or labia minora (in case of labioplasty) and on the mucosal walls present within the vagina (in case of vaginoplasty).
- The laser beam is applied to eliminate the excess tissues present inside the incisions. It offers accurate outcomes with minimal bleeding.
- Finally, the incisions are closed with sutures.
An ideal candidate for the vaginal rejuvenation should have any of the following issues – sagging vagina, de-shaped labia and vulva, increased laxity, urinary incontinence, scarred left from previous surgeries, etc. She should also be in good health.
Also Read – Best Home Remedies To Treat Vaginal Odor Here
- You get a newly shaped vagina, which is tighter than the latest one.
- The results of vaginal rejuvenation are permanent.
- There will be some discomfort, swelling and bruising for the first few days. However, these will go away with time.
Take bed rest throughout the day of surgery. Regular works can be resumed within 7 to 10 days. Make sure that you do not perform any strenuous activity including sexual intercourse at least for the first one month.
Risks and Side Effects
Some potential complications that women opting for vaginal rejuvenation may experience during or after undergoing the surgical procedures are infection, bleeding, scarring, allergy, anesthetic reaction, numbness, hematoma, seroma, and damages caused to the tissue and muscles underlying the skin.
Also Read – All you need to know about Maintaining Vaginal Hygiene Here
- Helps trim as well as recontour the vagina after childbirth, injury and age-related issues.
- Reshapes and restructures the stretched vagina efficiently.
- Gives long-term results that are enough to increase your self-confidence.
- Restores the elasticity of genital muscles and makes the vagina firmer.
- Facilitates various activities like intercourse, bicycle riding, etc.
- Increases sensation, which is needed for perfect sexual activities.
- Wearing swimsuit, bikini, etc. become easier and more comfortable.
The average cost of vaginal rejuvenation ranges from $1,500 to $6,000.