Skin moles are one of the most common and natural things we human beings want to get rid of. Even though moles are not at all harmful, they can be very unappealing at times. Advanced medicine and technology have introduced quite a few techniques like surgery, cauterization, laser removal, etc. for mole removal, but these could turn out to be really complicated as well as expensive. If you are looking for a natural solution for mole removal, tea tree oil is your answer. In this post, we will be talking about how to eradicate moles by using tea tree oil and you will also get to know about all other necessary information related to it. Give it a read:
About Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil or melaleuca oil is a pale yellow-colored oil extracted from the leaves of the tea tree or Melaleuca Alternifolia plant. It has amazing antimicrobial, antiseptic, anti-fungal, and antiviral qualities, which have made it an age-old natural remedy for a number of ailments including cold & cough, sore throat, acne, skin issues, and so on. Anecdotal evidence has also revealed that tea tree oil can work wonder for the at-home removal of skin moles and tags.
Also Read – Best Mole Removal Creams to Try Out Here
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Mole Removal?
Being a natural remedy, tea tree oil can remove moles in a very simple, easy, and hassle-free way. We have given the step by step procedure below:
- Cleanse and wash the area of the skin where the mole is located. You may use a gentle cleanser or simply go for a mild soap and plain water.
- Pat the skin dry with a soft clean towel.
- Take a cotton ball and pour a few drops of tea tree oil onto it. Apply it to the mole and hold the cotton ball there for a couple of minutes. Alternatively, you can dab a few drops of the oil directly onto the mole.
- Repeat the entire procedure thrice every day. Continue the practice until the mole becomes dry and falls off the skin completely. It might also shrink over the time and disappear gradually.
Sometimes, the strong nature of tea tree oil might irritate the skin. In such situation, try applying it with the help of a wet cotton ball. If the irritation increases, stop using the oil immediately. The skin beneath the mole usually turns sensitive upon regular application of tea tree oil. Hence, it is advised that you avoid sun exposure as much as possible for at least 2 months in order to avoid skin damages.
Also Read – Remove Moles naturally using these Home Remedies Here
How Long Will It Take To Get Results?
It has been found that the tea tree oil treatment is best suited for moles that are more or less flat in shape and have shallow roots. Those which are malignant or deeply embedded in the skin will not respond well to the oil. You will also have to wait for more than a couple of weeks to get visible results based on the size of the mole. Some might see results within 14 days while others might have to wait for months. You also have to be very consistent about the treatment in order to enjoy positive outcomes.
Benefits Of Using Tea Tree Oil
Though it takes time, there are quite a few benefits of using tea tree oil for mole removal. We have listed them below:
- It is a natural treatment and hence, is absolutely safe.
- There is no risk of infection involved.
- It doesn’t leave any scar or mark on the skin like surgical methods.
- The oil can be used for any part of the body including the hard to reach places.
- The application procedure is very easy and can be practiced by everybody.
- It is the most inexpensive way of mole removal you can ever give a try.
Also Read – The Best Stretch Mark Removal Creams to Try Here
Drawbacks Of Using Tea Tree Oil
In spite of so many benefits, the tea tree oil treatment for mole removal comes with its own set of drawbacks. Here they are:
- Tea tree oil doesn’t suit everybody. It may sometimes cause irritation, inflammation or a tingling sensation after application.
- Many people have hidden allergy to tea tree oil. They definitely can’t try this out.
- Even though the oil suits people, not everybody responds the same way and it depends upon the differences in skin types.
- The strong smell of the oil might bother sensitive noses.
- While practicing this method, you might end up staining your clothes.
It is always recommended that you perform a patch test prior to using tea tree oil for eradicating your skin moles. It will help you steer clear of all sorts of negative impacts at the first place. Otherwise, this is a safe method of mole removal and you should certainly give it a try.