Come summer and we all start panicking… The scorching sun, tiring high temperature and the sweats all over our body do make it quite tough for us to handle. If you are caught in the thought “how to get rid of those itchy rashes and red bumps all over the body”, then here we have some simple and quick solutions to try out.
Before we move on to know about the home remedies that can help sooth your itching sensation, redness and sweat infections successfully, let’s get some basic idea about prickly heat and its causes beforehand. This will help you take advance precautions in summer in order to avoid the grave consequences of prickly heat.
Also Read – Get Baby Soft Skin with Homemade Moisturizers
What is prickly heat?
Prickly heat is primarily caused by blockage of skin pores with sweat accumulation of various parts of the body; especially in neck, back, forehead etc. Experienced mostly during the summer months, symptoms of prickly heat comprise of itching sensation, redness, rashes, infection and swellings.
Causes of Prickly Heat
Though primarily it is caused due to gathering of sweat in body parts which result in bacteria formation, there are several more factors that are equally responsible for prickly heat problem.
• Intake of alcoholic products and smoking habits
• Too much stress and work pressure
• Intake of too much junk foods
• Improper lifestyle
• Acidity and food poisoning
• Medical side effects
Home Remedies for Prickly Heat Treatment
Though you will always find various anti- prickly heat cosmetic items in the market, it is suggested that you try the pure and natural processes of remedies that ensures a quicker and zero side effect recovery. Some of the prominent home care therapies used to get rid of prickly heat includes the following:
Also Read – Home Remedies for Itchy Scalp
1. Go for ice cubes: Using ice cubes on the affected area is one of the simplest and most handy solutions to bank on for prickly heat caused by humid temperature. It not only gives you a cool and soothing feeling but also prevents the redness and rashes from swelling. It is observed that ice really helps in restricting the infection and also lessens the pain. Using cool water on the body with a sponge is also advised to get relief and relaxation.
2. Use sandalwood paste: Another effective prickly heat solution that is counted among the best home remedies is sandalwood paste. Make a mixture of sandal wood and rose water and apply it on the affected area. Allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water. You will definitely feel better.
3. Drink enough water: Thirdly, make sure that you drink enough water regularly in summer days to get rid of these prickly heat problems. Water keeps our body skin moist and soggy; thus helping prevent summer rashes and itching problems.
4. Dab some aloe vera gel: Fourthly, try the aloe vera gel to reduce the inflammation and burning sensation of prickly heat. Considered as a magic fluid that is extremely effective in all types of skin problems, aloe vera can also be mixed with multani mitti to form a pack. Apply it on the infected area and wash off with cold water after 15 minutes.
Some More Tips to Consider
Apart from the above stated home remedies for prickly heat, make sure that you remember to follow the following tips in summer for maximum benefits:
• Try to wear loose fitting clothes so that there is no accumulation of sweat on the body.
• Go for white cotton clothes which help in reflecting the sun rays away from your body.
• Try to avoid the summer sun as much as possible.
• Stay away from too much make up items as they tend to block the skin pores, resulting in prickly heat.
• Ensure that you have a proper and healthy summer diet, comprising of fruit salads, cooling juices, green vegetables, yoghurts and more.
Also Read – 7 Ways to Use Lime Juice in Preventing Dandruff