So you have left no stone unturned to get rid of that excess fat stored around your waistline. But what about those chubby cheeks and double chin that are spoiling your youthful look badly? Well, no diet or workout can help you shed off your facial fat completely. However, you can choose to undergo a facial liposuction in order to improve your facial features through contouring.
What is Facial Liposuction?
Facial liposuction is a certain cosmetic surgical procedure, which is also termed as ‘lipoplasty’, ‘submentum liposuction’ or sometimes simply ‘facial contouring’. In this procedure, the overall appearance of the face and neck of a patient is enhanced to a great extent by discarding unnecessary fatty deposits from cheeks, chin, jaw line and neck areas, thereby casting out imperfections like bulging cheeks, double chin, turkey neck, jowls, etc. It can alter the look of a person totally by making his or her face firmer and more sculpted.
Generally, the process of facial liposuction can be performed in four different ways. These are:
- Dry facial liposuction
- Wet facial liposuction
- Superwet facial liposuction
- Ultrasound facial liposuction
How Does It Work?
- At first, a 2 to 4 m. long incision is made in the target section of the face underneath the skin, which is then washed down with saline followed by the application of epinephrine and lidocaine.
- A cannula is inserted into the incision for sucking out the fascia (a layer of fat cells and fibrous tissue) present below the surface of the skin.
- It is then moved from side to side in order to disintegrate the fat deposits and facilitate the suction.
- After that, the surplus skin is either discarded or pulled up and secured with sutures.
- The surgery takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to be finished.
Also Read – A Complete Guide to Speed-Up the Recovery Post Liposuction Here
An ideal candidate for facial liposuction should have a body weight which is not more than 30% of a healthy measurement. He or she should also have good health, great elasticity of skin, and a realistic goal to be achieved.
- The results of facial liposuction are immediate. You can discover a toned and young-looking face right after the surgery.
- There might be some swelling, pain and bruising for the first few days. But everything will go away over time.
- You will need to put on a compression garment always for the first couple of weeks.
You can go home as soon as the surgery is over, but should take rest for the next 2-3 days. The normal activities can be resumed by 4 to 5 days, while it may take at least 3 to 4 weeks to return to strenuous activities.
Risks and Side Effects
Significant complications incurred by facial liposuction are infection, allergy, swelling, pain, bruising, scarring, numbness, bleeding, hematoma, seroma, indentation, anesthetic reaction, seizure, cardiac arrhythmia, cardiac arrest, internal hemorrhage, embolism, nerve damage, brain damage, puncture wounds, etc.
Also Read – Natural Face lift Tips – Try Facial Exercises Here
- Offers facial contouring by eliminating facial fatty deposits.
- Helps enhance different facial features to give a sculpted look.
- Involves minimal scarring.
- Provides long-lasting immediate results.
The facial liposuction surgery may cost you anywhere between $1,800 and $5,000.