Imagine a winter evening, you are sitting by the side of your window, reading a romantic novel and enjoying a large mug of coffee. Rejuvenating, right? Now imagine, you are using the same coffee powder to make a DIY shampoo instead of using it as a beverage. Surprised? Don’t be, because soaking our hair in coffee is just as good and beneficial for our locks as sipping it is. So, we have compiled 3 simple yet super beneficial DIY coffee shampoo recipes here.
Homemade Coffee Shampoo Recipes
There are quite a few ways to include caffeine in your daily hair care routine. You can use it as an ingredient of your homemade shampoo too. Get the recipes below:
Recipe 1: Basic Coffee Shampoo
This is ideal for getting long, soft, and shiny hair without visiting a salon or even spending a dime. All you need is your favorite shampoo and a little amount of caffeine to make things work.
- Coffee powder – (1/2) teaspoon
- A mild shampoo of your choice – 4 to 5 tablespoons (the quantity will depend on the length and volume of your hair)
- Pour the shampoo into a small bowl and add coffee powder to it.
- Give them a good mix.
- Moisten your hair a little and apply the mixture all over it.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it off properly with tepid water.
Also Read – Add Color to Your Hair with Coffee Here
Recipe 2: Coffee And Baking Soda Shampoo
When it comes to making our scalp free from hair styling product buildups and adding some extra shine to the locks at the same time, nothing can beat this simple homemade coffee shampoo. The softness and smoothness will be added bonus for sure.
- Coffee powder – 2 tablespoons
- Baking soda – (1/4) teaspoon
- A mild shampoo of your choice – 2 to 3 tablespoons (based on the length and volume of your hair)
- Take the shampoo in a small mixing bowl.
- Add coffee powder and baking soda to it.
- Blend all ingredients well.
- Moisten your hair and apply the mixture thoroughly.
- Leave it on for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water followed by a good conditioner.
Also Read – DIY: Henna and Coffee Hair Dye for Shiny and Beautiful Hair Here
Recipe 3: Dry Shampoo Made With Coffee
In today’s fast-paced world, dry shampoo is considered as one of the best choices for women to make their hair look fresher and smell better. You can easily make a quick dry shampoo at your home with some coffee.
- Coffee powder – 1 tablespoon
- Arrowroot powder – 2 tablespoons
- Take the coffee powder in a mixing bowl. Make sure that it is very finely ground and has a smooth, velvety texture. Or else, you may want to run it through a grinding machine for a finer variation. If you don’t mind going a bit further, just take a handful of coffee beans and grind them freshly.
- Add arrowroot powder to the coffee powder. However, you must keep in mind that the quantity of arrowroot needs to be adjusted based on your true hair color.
- With the help of a foundation brush, apply the dry mixture to your scalp as well as the hairline.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes so that all dirt, dust, excess sebum, etc get soaked up.
- Then, brush the mixture out nicely.
Homemade Coffee Shampoo Benefits
Coffee powder is just great for our hair, thanks to its high caffeine content. When ground coffee is incorporated in hair treatments, it works directly on the scalp and does wonders for the locks. Here is how homemade coffee shampoo can benefit our hair:
- Caffeine increases the circulation of blood throughout our scalp, thereby stimulating hair follicles and boosting hair growth to a large extent. Hence, adding coffee powder to your shampoo will make your hair grow pretty much faster!
- Coffee is enriched with antioxidants that are invigorating for our hair. If you treat your already damaged hair with coffee regularly, the antioxidant properties will repair it and prevent further damages.
- Coffee can give you a healthy scalp, which is of utmost importance for a healthy and beautiful mane. It makes the scalp free from product buildups and clarifies hair in safe and natural way.
Also Read – Guide To Dye Your Hair Naturally With Coffee Here
- Coffee can make your mane look healthy and glow naturally by adding a beautiful shine to it. You really don’t need to spend on expensive hair styling products in order to get glossy lustrous hair as you can get it with the help of coffee easily.
- Coffee not only makes our hair super shiny, but it also turns dry frizzy hair softer and smoother. If you are struggling to manage your damaged and dehydrated locks, the use of coffee shampoo will help you tame them.
- Coffee works as a natural hair dye that is absolutely safe and secure to use. It can even bring out wonderful highlights in brown locks.
Homemade coffee shampoo can be used as many times as required throughout a week. However, do not use it more than once a day and try to limit the amount of coffee powder to 2-3 teaspoons only.