Exfoliation is vital for keeping our skin healthy and soft. If you do not scrub it at least twice weekly, you will end up compromising with your natural beauty for sure. But do you really take care of the skin of your whole body just like what you do for your facial skin? Of course not, right? Well, you can try out a multi-grain scrub once every week and get silky smooth skin all over your body.
Just like multi-grain foods, multi-grain body scrub also comes with heaps of benefits. By using this scrub occasionally on your body, you can:
- Get rid of dust and dead skin cell layer.
- Resolve the issues related to ingrown hair.
- Get a fresh layer of skin, which is healthy, bright and glowing.
- Achieve soft, smooth and highly nourished skin.
Also Read – Ginger and Coconut Oil Sugar Body Scrub for Glowing Soft Skin Here
DIY Multi-Grain Body Scrub Recipe
Now, here is the super easy and super cheap recipe for you. Give it a shot:
Here are the things that you will need to prepare this exclusive body scrub at your home (we have given the measurements taking the whole body in consideration):
- Rice – 2 tablespoons
- Mung beans – 2 tablespoons
- Black sesame seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Bengal gram / chickpeas – 2 tablespoons
- Black lentils / urad dal – 2 teaspoons
- Oats – 2 tablespoons
- Rose water – 5 to 6 teaspoons
- Fresh milk / plain curd – 2 tablespoons
- A medium-sized bowl
- A mixer grinder
Instructions to Follow:
Well, being a multi-grain scrub, it has a long list of ingredients. But don’t worry. The procedure is absolutely easy and you will enjoy preparing as well as applying it. Read on below:
- Wash and clean rice, mung beans, chickpeas and black lentils separately. Let them dry under the sun. You can also opt for air-drying. We have taken all the grains in equal quantity so that the skin can be offered the benefits of each of them equally.
- Now, pour the dried grains into the mixer grinder and grind them one by one. Start with the rice and make smooth fine powder of it. Transfer it to the bowl.
- The Bengal gram or chickpeas should be pulverized just like the rice in order to form fine powder of even texture. Add it to the bowl.
- The black lentils or urad dal also needs to be ground into smooth fine powder just. However, the crushed grain doesn’t remain black anymore. So, your scrub is not going to be black in color.
- Coarsely grind the mung beans so that it adds a little roughness to the scrub. It will help you exfoliate the drier areas of the skin like elbows, knees, feet, etc. efficiently. Pour the powder into the bowl.
- The black sesame seeds also need to be ground roughly and poured into the bowl. It will increase the coarseness of the scrub and make the application easier.
- Once you are done with all the grinding tasks, take the oats and crush them into small irregular pieces. It is essential for boosting the exfoliation power of the scrub and revealing a soft and smooth skin.
- You have put all the grains in the bowl. Now, pour the rose water into it. If you wish, you can also use glycerin as a replacement of it as both of the ingredients are known to be beneficial for our skin and will serve the purpose of mixing.
- Also, add the fresh milk or plain curd to the bowl in order to give the whole thing a creamy texture as well as increase its benefits to a large extent.
- Now, it is time for mixing. Just use the spoon and mix all the ingredients nicely in order to come up with a thick uniform blend with a little rough texture.
Also Read – How to Make a Coconut Body Scrub Here
Voila! Here is your homemade multi-grain body scrub absolutely ready. Just apply it to your skin all through your body, rub gently by moving your fingertips in small circular motions and then, rinse off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.