Skin is a large tissue that is exposed to all kind of unhealthy situations and circumstances, therefore the effect of each and every unhygienic situation will be seen directly on it. Scalp is also an extended version of skin which is prone to different types of issues. If you have an oily scalp or have a tendency to sweat often, then you might experience scalp folliculitis commonly known as scalp acne.
Different people have different kinds of skin issues, acne and pimple are one of the common ones. Acne and pimple not only affect the face but on other parts of the body as well. The scalp is one such area, where pimple attacks are common. The reason for such a condition is mainly dust and pollution that we come across in our daily life and another reason is our haphazard lifestyle. Scalp acne can be equally painful like any other acne or breakouts and its slightly difficult to deal with as it pops out beneath the skin of the hair. The scalp has to be treated well; it has to be dry and well cleaned too.
Our scalp has to be treated with utmost love and care just like the rest of the body. If we keep our scalp healthy then you can curb out most of the issues related to hair too.
Reasons that causes scalp pimple :
Basically the pimple on the scalp is caused due to the blocking of the hair follicles. This blocking happens due to factors such as excessive sweating in the head, hereditary reasons, lack of hygiene, and increase in stress level also elevates the issues. These are the common issues that cause the scalp pimple but other issues that trigger pimple are side effects of medicines, poor diet, addiction to caffeine etc. After scrutinizing the causes we understand that most of the reasons that cause pimple are due to unhealthy lifestyle therefore by just being a little more careful in your lifestyle you can prevent the scalp pimple completely. Good news is scalp acne can be easily treated by making small tweaks in your lifestyle and using anti acne medications.
Here are some remedies that can help you sort out the scalp pimple:
1. Yogurt and oatmeal: Take some yogurt with some ground oatmeal and mix. Make sure the oatmeal is ground to a fine powder. The mixture has to be applied on the scalp until it dries. Then it should be rinsed off with lukewarm water.
2. Neem leaves: Neem leaves are considered to be full off medicinal and antiseptic properties. Hence washing the hair in water boiled with neem leaves prove to be extremely beneficial to ward off the pimple on the scalp.
3. Groundnut oil and lime juice: The concoction of groundnut oil and lime juice has proved to be great to get rid of the pimple on the scalp.
4. Garlic: Applying crushed garlic or its juice is a quick remedy for scalp pimple, it dries the pimple quickly and eliminates the pain too.
5. Wheatgrass juice: Consuming wheatgrass juice on a daily basis is great for curing scalp pimple.
6. Nutmeg and raw milk: Nutmeg is full of medicinal value. To treat scalp pimple with nutmeg, all you need to do is grate it and mix it in raw milk and apply it on the scalp pimple and leave it for a couple of hours. It eliminates the pimple as well as its mark.
8. Papaya: Papaya has to be grounded to a smooth paste along with its seeds. The smooth mixture should be applied on the scalp. This gives instant relief from scalp pimples.
9. Lemon juice: Lemon juice is excellent to cool the pimple and breakouts. The juice can be directly applied on the pimple and it will reduce the effect of the pimple.
10. Lavender oil: Lavender oil has excellent quality of treating acne and pimples. For this you have to mix lavender oil with 1 table spoon of olive oil and four parts of tea tree oil. Leave it on the scalp for 30 minutes. This home remedy is very much useful to treat scalp breakouts and scalp pimples.
Bonus Tips – Try an exfoliating scalp treatment once in a week and stop using greasy hair products.Never ever try to pop a pimple on your scalp
For prevention and long term management of scalp acne, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and keeping your scalp clean and free from excess oil will make a difference.