Benefits of Jasmine Oil for Hair and Skin
When you speak of jasmine, all you can think of is the white splendor of the flowers and the exotic smell that is associated with them. The fragrance is calming and soothing and provides an instant relief from any kind of stress. In the olden days, women used oil extracted from the petals of flowers such as jasmine to enhance their skin and hair- an art that is slowly losing out to bottled chemical products. But now-a-days, with easy access to pure jasmine essential oil, I don’t see why we should not go back to the age old natural remedies that resulted in great skin and hair. There are so many benefits of jasmine oil for hair and skin. We tell you how you can incorporate Jasmine oil into your hair and skin care through which you can soothe your body and uplift your mind.
Benefits of Jasmine Oil for hair and skin
There are many hair oils available in the market that claim to have Jasmine in them. Since one cannot be too sure if it is actual jasmine or just the perfume, it is always better to go in for jasmine essential oil while using it for hair care. Mix one part of jasmine essential oil to four parts of coconut oil, olive oil or argan oil and use it to massage your hair. Leave it for about an hour before shampooing your hair as usual.
- The jasmine fragrance will calm your nerves and help you relax. Once your nerves are soothed, automatically, problems such as hair loss are taken care of.
- Your hair will feel fragrant because the jasmine fragrance lingers even after the wash.
- It helps strengthen the roots of the hair, making your hair stronger and less prone to breakage.
- Jasmine oil is a strong anti-septic. It helps fight any microbial infection in the scalp, especially dandruff.
- Jasmine oil has very good moisturizing properties. Massaging the hair with Jasmine oil prevents dry and itchy scalp.
- You can also run a few drops of 1:3 jasmine oil – coconut oil mixture into your strands after shampooing for hair conditioning that leaves you smelling awesome.
- It helps tame unruly hair by deeply conditioning the hair.
Not just the hair, Jasmine oil also works wonders on the skin when used for massage.
- It helps make the skin really soft while also leaving you smelling out of the world. Add a drop of jasmine oil to your body lotion during daily use, or to a small cup of coconut oil and massage your body with it.
- Add two drops of jasmine oil to two tsp of almond oil and smooth it over your elbows and knees. It helps relieve dry skin and stretch marks. It tones the skin and increases the elasticity of the skin.
- Add a few drops of jasmine oil to your bath water to make for a fragrant bath that will also leave your skin soft and supple.
- Its antiseptic properties help keep skin infections at bay.
- It also helps regulate the amount of oil that is produced by oily skin.
- You can use a mix of a drop of jasmine oil to one tsp of virgin coconut oil and massage sensitive skin with it for moisturization that does not cause you to break out.
- A jasmine oil aromatherapy massage for the skin will help you relax and make the skin glow.