When it comes to getting a healthy skin and enviable long hair, nourishing our cells and tissues from inside becomes imperative. Vitamins play pivotal roles in improving our internal body, which eventually is reflected by our external appearances. In this article, we will tell you about 5 vital vitamins that are essential for maintaining the health of both our skin and hair:
Vitamin A is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants, which is produced in our liver from the pro-vitamin carotene.
- Keeps premature aging at bay and reduces related signs like wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, etc. by combating damaging free radicals in our body.
- Plays a key role in cell renewal by stimulating the production of collagen. As a result, our dead old cells are replaced with new fresh ones and we get a soft, smooth and healthy skin.
- Boosts the development of hair cells, thereby increasing hair growth and curing dry scalp.
Resources: Dark green fruits and leafy vegetables, broccoli, sweet potato, spinach, carrot, dried apricots, egg yolk, fish oil, liver, whole milk, etc.
This is a group of vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, biotin, etc., which work in chorus for the sake of our skin and hair.
- Riboflavin or vitamin B2 speeds up the augmentation of cells, which is essential for the natural growth of hair.
- Niacin or vitamin B3 promotes tissue breathing. It keeps our skin healthy, shiny and youthful.
- Pantothenic acid or vitamin B5 provides nourishment to our cells and increases their elasticity. In short, it makes skin soft and supple, while helping in the healthy growth of hair.
- Biotin or vitamin H rejuvenates our skin cells and feeds our hair strands. It is mostly important for our hair as it prevents hair loss, thickens hair fibers and restores their shine.
Resources: Egg, chicken breast, liver, milk, curd, legume, seed, bean, pea, peanut, mushroom, avocado, whole grain, rice, yeast, banana, etc.
Also Read – Some Easy Vitamin E Rich Face Packs for Your Skin to Know Here
Vitamin C is another strong natural antioxidant that can’t be generated inside our body and hence, should be provided to it in a regular manner.
- Fights against free radicals and slows down the process of aging. As a result, our skin remains protected from severe damages and we look much younger.
- Helps a lot in the formation of collagen, thereby improving the texture and elasticity of skin as well as preventing conditions like wrinkles, fine lines, sagging, etc.
- Promotes the circulation of blood throughout the body, which speeds up hair growth by stimulating the follicles and averts hair loss by making the strands stronger.
Resources: Fresh citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, spinach, bell pepper, red pepper, cauliflower, kiwi, blackcurrant, etc.
It is one of the most important vitamins, which is needed for the proper maintenance of our skin and hair.
- Keeps skin issues including rashes, allergies and infections (dermatitis, eczema, etc.) at bay.
- Regularizes the hair follicle cycling, which eventually accelerates the growth of hair.
Resources: Whole grain, mushroom, fish (like salmon, tuna, etc.), fish liver oil, sunlight, etc.
Also Read – Why You Need Vitamin D ? Here
Vitamin E is also considered as an essential nutrient for healthy skin and long hair.
- Puts a stop to the free radical damages caused to our body and helps in building a healthy skin as well as gorgeous hair.
- Delays the signs of premature aging by working as an efficient antioxidant.
- Promotes the growth of hair by stimulating blood circulation throughout the scalp.
Resources: Cereal, wheat germ, bread, leafy green vegetables, seeds, nuts, endive, bokchoy, asparagus, olive, canola oil, sunflower oil, etc.