Hair detoxification is the method of healing severely damaged hair by drawing everything toxic out from it. And guess what? You can do it in all natural ways, by using simple easy-to-avail ingredients, at your home and by yourself. Isn’t it interesting? Let’s share some recipes with you:
Cucumber And Lemon Detox Shampoo
This is probably the easiest homemade detox shampoo recipes that you can try at home for a cheaper and safer alternative to your chemical-ladden harsh clarifying shampoo. Two main ingredients of this recipe are lemon and cucumber, which create a perfect natural blend for scalp and hair detoxification. The citric properties of lemon make scalp squeaky clean while cucumber soothes dryness and itchiness.
- Cucumber – 1 small
- Lemon – 1
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Rosemary oil – 5 to 10 drops
- Take a fresh cucumber, peel it and cut it into large chunks.
- Juice them up by using a blender.
- Cut the lemon and squeeze out its fresh juice into the cucumber juice.
- Mix both juices nicely.
- Pour olive oil into this mixture and whip it up.
- Add rosemary oil and give it a thorough final mix.
- Massage your hair with the mixture for a couple of minutes and rinse off with tepid water.
Also Read – DIY: At-Home Hot Oil Treatment For Soft And Shiny Hair Here
Coconut Milk And Vitamin E Oil Detox Shampoo
Just like coconut oil, coconut milk also provides lots of nutrients and healthy fats to our mane. Adding vitamin E and olive oil to it makes it even stronger for replenishment of dry and brittle hair. However, the best thing about this natural shampoo is that it detoxifies even the most unhealthy hair in a very effective way while offering the greatest moisture therapy. You may replace olive oil with equal amount of almond oil or even skip it if your hair is normal or oily in nature.
- Natural coconut milk – 2 tablespoons (homemade preferred)
- Vitamin E oil – (1/2) teaspoon or 2 capsules
- Liquid castile soap – 3 tablespoons
- Olive oil – (1/2) teaspoon
- Essential oils – 20 drops (rosemary essential oil, lavender essential oil, peppermint essential oil, orange essential oil, etc.)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, pour coconut milk and liquid castile soap.
- Add vitamin E oil (or the content of 2 vitamin E capsules) to the bowl.
- Also, pour olive oil and essential oils to it.
- Blend thoroughly to form a smooth liquid mixture.
- Wash your hair with 1 teaspoon of this shampoo each time.
Also Read – Neem leaves for Hair Loss,Dandruff and Baldness Here
Aloe Vera And Bentonite Clay Detox Mask
You should include bentonite clay in your hair care recipes to give your hair detoxifying program a serious boost. It absorbs all sorts of chemicals, pollutants and grime from our scalp completely to make the hair clean and healthy. Aloe vera gel, on the other side, nourishes the locks for a silky and shiny effect.
- Pure aloe vera gel – (1/2)cup
- Bentonite clay powder – (1/2) cup
- Apple cider vinegar – 1(1/2) cup
- Take a plastic mixing bowl so that the bentonite clay doesn’t react with it during mixing. Put the clay and the aloe vera gel in it.
- Add (1/2) cup of apple cider vinegar to the bowl and mix very well.
- Apply the paste all over your hair, massage for a few seconds and then, put on a shower cap.
- Let the mask sit for 30 minutes. Make sure that it does not dry up completely.
- Pour rest of the apple cider vinegar (around 1 cup) onto your hair to rinse the mask out.
- Allow your hair to soak it in for 2-3 minutes.
- Again rinse with a mild shampoo.
- Finally, wash off with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
Also Read – How to Use a Straightening Iron Without Damaging Hair Here
Redmond Clay and Herbal Infusion Detox Mask
The absorbing power of Redmond clay is similar to that of bentonite clay. Hence, it can also be used for making mud hair masks at home and drawing toxins out of your scalp. The herbal tea infusion and essential oils together turn the locks shiny, voluminous and bouncy.
- Redmond clay – 6 tablespoons
- Herbal tea infusion – 1 cup (freshly brewed)
- Apple cider vinegar – (1/2) cup
- Essential oil – 10 drops (lavender essential oil, rosemary essential oil or anything else of your choice)
- Start with preparing the herbal tea infusion. It should be freshly brewed, but make sure that you strain the herbs properly and cool it down slightly.
- Transfer it to a non-metal bowl and pour apple cider vinegar into it.
- Start adding Redmond clay to it in small amount e.g. 1 tablespoon at a time. Also, keep whisking all the ingredients together while adding the clay.
- Once the entire clay is incorporated, give it a final mix. The blend should be smooth and of medium consistency.
- Now, add essential oils of your choice and whip up the whole thing once again.
- Apply the mask to your damp hair and massage for a few minutes. Let it sit for half an hour, then rinse out with lukewarm water.
Choose any of these hair detox recipes for deep cleansing and maximum nourishment of your hair and look gorgeous always!