Removing facial hair with the same waxing kit you use for your legs or other parts of your body may be quite troublesome. Our facial skin is pretty delicate and sensitive. So, it needs special care and attention during waxing. Using homemade sugar wax recipes for facial hair removal can be a cheap and safe bet. We give you 3 simple recipes for this:
Recipe 1: Sugar And Honey Wax
- Brown sugar / regular white sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Raw honey – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- A microwave-safe bowl
- A spatula
- A few thin cloth strips
- Pour all the ingredients i.e. brown sugar (or white sugar), honey and water into the microwave-safe bowl and place it inside the microwave oven.
- Cook the entire mixture for some time. To get the right consistency of your wax, you should cook the ingredient-mixture for 30-35 seconds in microwave until it starts bubbling and turns brown in color.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and allow the wax to cool down. If you already have achieved the perfect consistency, you’ll be ready to go. If not, add ingredients based on the thickness of the concoction and cook for some more minutes.
- Now, it’s time for application. Take some homemade wax onto the spatula and apply to the facial hair you want to remove.
- Take a cloth strip and place it over the area where you have just applied the wax. Press firmly with your fingers and smooth out following the direction of growth of your facial hair.
- Then, pull the cloth swiftly (apply as sharp motion as possible) just in the opposite direction (reverse of your hair growth). Your movement should be firm enough and also keep it flowing.
- Repeat the application of wax and make use of the cloth strips one by one for getting rid of all the unwanted facial hair.
Also Read – How to Remove Facial Hair Naturally at Home Here
Recipe 2: Sugar And Lemon Juice Wax
- Brown Sugar / Regular white sugar – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons (make sure that it is freshly squeezed)
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- A medium-sized bowl
- A spoon
- A spatula
- A few cotton cloth pieces
- Put the sugar in the bowl. Also, add lemon juice and water to it.
- Place the bowl over medium heat and keep stirring the mixture with the spoon.
- Do it for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, the mixture should become quite thicker and the consistency should become like honey.
- Once you get the right consistency of your wax, turn the heat off and remove the bowl from the oven. Let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Now, apply the warm wax to your facial hair with the help of the spatula. Remember that you need to start with a small section.
- Place a piece of cotton cloth over it, press the wax down firmly, smooth it out with your fingers and then, pull the cloth up in a rapid manner. The direction of your movement should be opposite of the growth of your facial hair.
- Keep repeating the last step until you remove all unwanted hair from your face.
Also Read – Hot Paraffin Wax Facial: Know It All For Your Beauty Regime Here
Recipe 3: Sugar, Honey And Lemon Juice Wax
- Brown sugar / regular white sugar – 1 cup
- Raw honey – 2 tablespoons
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- A microwave-safe bowl
- A spatula
- Some cloth strips
- Pour sugar, honey and lemon juice into the microwave-safe bowl and place it inside the oven.
- Heat the whole thing up for 2-3 minutes to achieve the perfect consistency of the wax.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave oven and allow it to cool down to some extent.
- Now, apply the warm wax to a small section of facial hair with the spatula.
- Place a cloth strip over it, press it firmly as well as smooth it out with your fingers and pull it off against the growth of your hair swiftly.
- Continue the process unless you get rid of all the unwanted hair.
Also Read – 8 Things You Should Know Before Doing an Eyebrow Wax Here
Remember These Points…
- The facial hair removal wax can also be prepared by using a stove or regular oven. But you will need a small regular bowl in such case.
- The heating part is quite tricky. Your wax must not be too soft or too hard. If you remove the bowl from the heat too early, the mixture will remain too soft and you will find it extremely sticky during waxing. Conversely, if you cook it for too long, it will become hard just like a candy.
- The cooling part is also very important as it will help you figure out the actual texture of the recently prepared wax and decide on whether it needs to be modified.
- Always make use of a spatula for the application of wax. Using fingers or knife is not at all recommended.
- Apply an ice cube or some fresh aloe vera gel to the waxed areas right after the procedure. It will reduce sensitivity and soothe the skin to a great extent.
Hope you find homemade wax recipes for facial hair removal helpful.