Do you find hair in your brush, couch, pillow….everywhere? If yes, then you are certainly suffering from acute hair loss and the main reason lying behind it is the weakness of your hair fibers. As your hair is falling at an alarming rate, it is high time that you do something for your precious possession. But what actually you can do to make your dry and brittle locks stronger? Here are 12 secrets for you:
1. Eat as mush protein as possible. As you know, a well-balanced diet is the key to a healthy body. Similarly, intake of easy-to-digest protein-rich foods (such as low-fat dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt; egg, fish, chicken, bean, etc.) is also quite essential for maintaining healthy and luscious hair. Ensure that you consume these consistently all through the day.
2. Include lots and lots of soy products in your diet. Soy is full of protein as well as other nutrients, which work great for our hair and make them stronger.
3. Increase your intake of fresh fruits and leafy vegetables. Eating healthy means supplying required amounts of nutrients (vitamins, minerals and antioxidants) to your hair shafts, which is vital for getting strong and beautiful hair.
4. Make sure that you get your daily doses of iron and zinc for providing sufficient oxygen to the hair follicles, binding protein molecules and enhancing the functions of oil glands. All these will lead to strong and more elastic hair fibers.
Also Read – Want Strong, Healthy and Shiny Hair? – 10 Homemade Tonics for You Here
5. Your regular diet should be packed with vital vitamins, especially vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E. Apart from colorful fruits and veggies, healthy fats are also good sources of these nutrients.
6. It is even better to take a multivitamin tablet every day or at least a least thrice a week in order to fulfill your required daily amounts (RDA) of nutrients and strengthen the hair as well.
7. Hydrate your body by drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. It keeps our internal functions going on, which eventually makes our hair softer, suppler, more elastic and stronger.
8. Scalp massage is extremely helpful in strengthening weak hair. You can either apply a nourishing hair oil or simply massage the scalp with your fingertips by using a gentle circular motion. It not only helps in stimulating hair follicles, but also acts as an instant de-stressor.
9. Apply aloe vera juice or gel to your scalp in order to soothe it and keep it free from irritation. The plant comes with lots of healing properties, which help in reducing scalp infections, thereby making the hair follicles stronger.
10. Show some love to your hair by taking great care of it. For this, you have to change some of your habits. First of all, stop over-brushing your tresses as it can weaken hair significantly. Secondly, stay away from blow drying, chemical treatments, heat styling, etc. as they make hair strands dry, damaged and brittle. Thirdly, avoid taking a bath in the chlorinated water of swimming pools as it can wreak havoc on your hair. Finally, go for a trimming every 3 months to keep your hair ends split and damage free.
Also Read – 10 Excellent Benefits of Sesame Oil for Your Hair Here
11. Though sounds difficult, but it is of utmost importance that you stay away from stress. The more you get stressed out, the worse your hair becomes. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and similar other stimulants. Rather, practice yoga, meditation, prayer, etc.
12. Never ever do anything to your hair, when it is wet. You have heard a lot of time that wet hair is weak hair. If you comb or style it, you will end up making it even weaker. Well, it is not actually a way to make hair strong, but it can help you indirectly.