Oily skin is always seeking attention in one way or the other. It is a skin type that needs to be maintained regularly or else it tends to come up with various issues.
We already know that the most important way to maintain your skin tone is by cleansing toning and moisturizing your face regularly. Toning-out of these 3 steps is the most important and it is the toner that makes your skin glow. So finding the right toner is very important and finding a chemical free toner is important.
Also Read – Best Face Washes for Oily Skin – Top 7 Picks
Toning and its significance:
There are several reasons why oily skin needs to be toned.
- Using a toner will ensure the shrinking of pores. This is very important as an open pore can invite dust, dirt as well as germs into the open pores thus causing a breakout.
- A toner restores the pH balance in your skin. Our skin is basically acidic in nature and the use of soaps disturbs the pH balance of the skin as it is alkaline in nature.
- The toner tightens the skin cell gaps which are in a way protecting the skin.
- The presence of humectants helps in sealing the moisture inside the skin.
- Toner contains alpha hydroxyl acids which help in preventing in grown hair.
Also Read – 10 Amazing Homemade Facial Kits for Oily Skin
So now that you know the importance of using toner, let us further know how to make some of the best homemade toners for oily skin especially as it is the oily skin that requires it the most.
- Cucumber and curd toner: Grate some fresh cucumber into a bowl, add about ½ cup of curd into it. Apply this toner on your face for ten minutes for best results.
- Mint Toner: Take around 1.5 liters of hot water and put a handful of mint leaves into it. Leave the mint leaves in the water for about 10 minutes. After ten minutes strain the water and allow it to cool. You can use this toner by putting it on the cotton pad. Store it in the refrigerator for regular use.
- Rose water toner: Take around 1/3 tbsp. of alum, rose water about 4 spoons, 100 gm of glycerin into a container and mix them well. Your homemade toner for oily skin is ready; store it in the refrigerator for regular use.
- Vinegar: Take equal quantities of vinegar and rose water and mix it. This combination makes up to be a very good homemade toner.
- Rose water and chamomile oil homemade toner: Take 100 ml of rose water and 1 drop of chamomile oil along with 1 drop of geranium oil. Mix them well. Your homemade toner for oily skin is ready.
- Lemon homemade toner: Take a lemon, squeeze the juice of it and apply directly on the face and leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it off.
- Ice cubes toner: This perhaps is the simplest toner that one could make. Ice cube has to be massaged on the well cleansed skin. This closes the pores and makes the skin glowing.
- Tomato and honey toner: Take 3 spoons of tomato juice, and add about 1 spoon of honey into it. Mix them well and your homemade toner for oily skin is ready.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is also great toner. All you need to do is squeeze out the pulp of Aloe Vera and apply it on the face. Your Aloe Vera homemade toner is great to cure sunburn too.
- Pomegranate toner: You will need 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice, 2 tbsp. of distilled water, and 3 tbsp. of witch hazel. Pour all these ingredients into a clean bottle which has a tight-fitting lid and shake it well. Your pomegranate homemade toner is ready to use.
- Orange and fennel toner: Take Fennel seeds- 1/2 spoon, 2 spoons orange juice, boiling water- 5 spoons. Crush the fennel seeds, put it into boiling water, cover it and leave it for 20 minutes. Strain the water and mix it, homemade toner is ready.
Also Read – Best Gold Facials For Oily Skin – Top 7 Picks