Massaging the hair and scalp with oil is a very good practice. It helps to improve circulation of blood in the scalp and also in the rejuvenation as well as regeneration of hair. Even dull and damaged hair can be revitalised and made to look healthy by the application of oil head massage. These oils are pure extracts of various herbs like:
- Rosemary oil: It helps by inducing hair growth and increasing the lushness of the hair. Premature greying can also be prevented with the help of Rosemary oil. Even itchy scalp and dandruff can be cured using this oil.
- Lavender oil: This aromatic oil helps to relax the mind and ease out negative feelings. In addition, it also helps to stop hair thinning and consequent baldness. This is done by stimulating the hair follicles thereby inducing growth of healthy hair.
- Neem Oil: This oil specialises in adding thickness to thin hair. It is like manna for people having thin hair. It also helps to nourish the hair and kills head lice. In fact massaging the scalp with neem oil mixed with coconut oil twice a week ensures a healthier scalp and hair.
- Bhringaraj Oil: It is well known as an effective hair tonic for the all-round growth of hair. Bhringaraj oil has been used for generations to rejuvenate and strengthen hair. It also effectively prevents hair loss and gives a healthy sheen to invigorating dull looking hair.
- Brahmi Oil: This sweetly scented oil is made from a regenerative herb. It helps to give relief from dandruff, itchy scalp, split ends etc. It is extremely good for hair and is a very common ingredient of shampoos and hair conditioners around the world. Also read our post on Brahmi Powder.
- Amalaki Oil: This revitalising hair oil also enhances hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles. Amalaki oil is extremely nourishing for dry scalp and also induces growth of healthy luxuriant hair.
- Hibiscus Oil: This oil prevents premature greying and helps to retain the colour of the hair. It also revitalises the hair thereby making it seem healthy and alive. Hibiscus oil helps to encourage the growth of thicker hair thus increasing hair volume. It also has many other hair benefits which make it an important additive to hair care products.
- Almond Oil: This oil helps to add lustre to the hair making it seem fuller and vibrant. It also helps to increase the length of the hair, cure the problem of dandruff and makes the hair smoother. This, in turn, prevents the formation of split ends and stops itching of the scalp. Also read Benefits of Almond Oil on Hair & Skin here.
- Olive Oil: This oil is especially beneficial for the nourishment of curly hair and very dry hair. It helps to make the hair soft thereby smoothening out the frizzy ends. Olive oil is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal oil. Olive oil is, thus, very effective in alleviating all infections of the scalp, thereby making it healthier and cleaner.
- Castor Oil: This oil helps to successfully treat hair breakage. It encourages the growth of hair especially in conditions wherein baldness has set in or the hair is very thin. Castor oil even induces the growth of dark black hair thereby preventing and curing premature greyness. Massaging the hair regularly with castor oil helps to stimulate the blood vessels of the scalp.
Image Credit – Featured Image, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10