Anyone who has ever had dandruff would certainly remember the experience. Your scalp is itchy and the dandruff flakes can be seen on your hair, shoulders and back, your scalp becomes dry and your hair is rough, and finally the thickness of your hair steadily dwindles. Fortunately, there are products available commercially, that can help you deal with dandruff and a dry, itchy scalp. Here are the best anti dandruff shampoos and oils available in India.
1. Head and Shoulders Anti Dandruff Shampoo: Head and Shoulders, a complete range of anti dandruff shampoos from Proctor and Gamble, offers you instant redemption. Whether you have heavy dandruff or light, you can find a product to suit your needs. There are many different anti dandruff shampoos, each designed to clear dandruff and nourish your hair in a different way. A 180 ml bottle is priced at Rs. 135.
Also Read – Best Anti Dandruff Conditioners – Top 7 Picks
2. Scalpe: Available in a small, pink bottle, this is a shampoo that is highly recommended by dermatologists. This shampoo nourishes your scalp, while removing fungus or any other microorganisms that may be causing dandruff. Regular washing with Scalpe can help your scalp become much cleaner and healthier. The shampoo is often paired with other anti dandruff medications and leave in serums which have to be applied overnight.
3. Pantene Pro V Anti Dandruff Shampoo: Pantene is a household name today. With some of Bollywood’s leading ladies acting as the brand ambassador for the hair care range, who wouldn’t want to try their products. Pantene Pro V is actually a very nice shampoo, especially if you have dull hair with dandruff. The shampoo has ZPT and Pro-Vitamin complex, which make it a great buy. A 180 ml bottle is available for Rs. 120.
4. L’Oréal Elvive: This is another great anti dandruff shampoo which leaves your hair feeling soft and supple. It is gentle on your scalp, while being harsh on the dandruff. It has Actirox as its key ingredient and it is this agent that fights against dandruff.
5. Vatika: Dabur Vatika shampoo, with neem and lemon extracts, is a great shampoo for those who have a dry and dandruff prone scalp. You can pair this shampoo with the Dabur Vatika anti dandruff hair oil. A hot oil massage with this oil a night before you plan to wash your hair can be really helpful.
6. Clear anti dandruff shampoo: Like Head and Shoulders, Clear too has an entire range of anti dandruff products. You may remember the ‘All Clear’ range of products. These are the same products just that their name has changed now. You have shampoos for dry hair, limp and lifeless hair, oily hair and damaged hair.
7. Matrix Biolage Scalp Therapie Anti-Dandruff Shampoo: Matrix is a salon style product designed for professional care of your hair and scalp, right here at home. This special formulation using kola nut and mint complex controls the sebaceous glands on the scalp and regulates the sebum production. The good thing is, it is gentle on your hair and cleans out the excessive sebum without over drying the scalp.
8. Nizoral: Though dandruff is largely a problem of dryness, it could be caused due to a scalp that is too oily. If you suffer from an oily scalp, nizoral can effectively help you. The product contains an active agent known as ketoconazole. This effectively kills dandruff causing fungus and prevents itching.
9. The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo: If you are willing to shell an extra buck for your hair, this product is certainly one to try. The Body Shop is a luxury skin and hair care brand from the UK and offers products made with natural ingredients. These aren’t tested on animals and are completely hypoallergenic.
10. VLCC Rosemary Anti-Dandruff Shampoo: Rosemary is a great herb for improving the quality of your hair and the health of your scalp. Rosemary oil is often used to treat dryness and itching on the scalp, and hair fall or hair damage. This anti dandruff shampoo can effectively treat dandruff and improve your hair quality.
Also Read – 5 Henna Hair Packs to Drive Dandruff Away