Among all the beauty regimes, facial is marked as the most prominent one. Though, most of us take facial as a normal cleaning and moisturizing therapy but it is more beneficial than the common drill of cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Facial includes massage procedures which is vital for healthy skin. Massage increases blood circulation in the area which reduces age effect on your face as well as boosts glow. And if you have an oily skin, facial works wonders for skin as it not only removes excess oil from your skin but also chucks out other oily-skin borne skin issues such as blackheads. Also Read – Multani Mitti for Blackheads
But, getting a facial done in beauty parlors becomes a very costly deal many a times. At this point in time, you can substitute your parlor-made facial kit with homemade products. This article provides details on some of the best facial kits for oily skin which can be made at home.
Components of an ideal facial kit –
A facial kit normally includes cleanser, massaging cream, exfoliating scrub, facial mask and moisturizer. Since oily skin is prone to acne and pimples, you must take in note that your facial kit should contain ingredients which can curb oil secretion on such skin types.
Fruit based facial kit for oily skin
The fruit facial kit for oily skin can be easily made at home. To make this kit you need following ingredients –
1. Papaya pulp to exfoliate and clean skin– Take a slice of raw papaya and puree it to convert into a fine paste. This will clean and exfoliate your skin. Papaya is also considered effective removal of blemishes and dark spots on skin.
2. Fruit massage cream– You can make your own fruit massage cream at home. Take a tablespoon of cucumber puree, a teaspoon of orange juice and 1/4th teaspoon of honey. Mix these ingredients nicely to form a smooth paste and add a drop of peppermint oil to it. Your wonderful fruit massage cream is ready. Unlike commercial products, this massaging lotion will make your skin supple and glowing without bringing any side effect.
3. Orange rich facial mask– Mix a table spoon of orange juice in a table spoon of powdered orange peels. This’ll form a smooth paste which you can apply as a facial mask after massaging your face. Orange is a very rich source of vitamin c which works effectively on curing pimples. Also Read – 15 Health Benefits of Orange Peels.
4. Rose based Moisturizer – If you are wondering on how to make a moisturizer at home, follow BeautyGlimpse’ valuable tips. Your beauty guide has brought in the most alluring secret of nature to you. You can make great moisturizer with rose petals, rose water and aloe vera juice. Take 20/25 rose petals. Boil these petals in a cup of water. Once it gets cool, filter the water and add a few drops of rose water and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice to it. This pleasant smelling liquid will work as a great moisturizing agent for your oily skin. If refrigerated, this moisturizer can be used for longer period.
5. Lemon and Aloe Vera Facial Kit
Apart from orange, Lemon is another rich source of Vitamin C which keeps skin oil-free skin while aloe vera moisturizes skin without making its greasy. Hence, inclusion of lemon and aloe makes a wonderful facial kit for oily skin.
6. Honey and Lemon mix to clean and scrub skin – Take a teaspoon of honey in a bowl and add equal amount of lemon juice to it. Mix it well and apply on skin. Rub your skin gently and wash it off after a while. This will clear all the dirt from your skin.
7. Lemon rind for exfoliation – Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in two teaspoon of lemon/orange rind. Use this mix to exfoliate your skin.
8. Aloe Vera for face massage – Virgin aloe vera juice is very nourishing. You can use it directly on your face to provide nutrition to your facial skin. Also Read – Discover Healing Properties of Aloe Vera
9. Aloe and Mud Mask – Mix aloe juice and Fuller’s Earth (multani mitti) in right proportion to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face after completing the procedure of massage. Both these agents will bring glow to your skin without making it oily.
10. Moisturizer – Add two teaspoons of honey in a cup of aloe pulp. Blend this mix to make it creamy. Now add two teaspoons of tea-tree oil and a few drops of rose water to this mix. This aloe based moisturizer will keep your skin toned.
Also Read – 15 Fairness Creams for Oily Skins